BAIRD of BUTE SOCIETY
The Baird Society is created to perpetuate the memory and achievements of Andrew Blain Baird.
The objectives of the Society are:-
• The promotion and recognition of the historical achievements of Andrew Baird
• The advancement of education and information related to Andrew Baird
• The advancement of the arts, heritage, culture or science on the Isle of Bute
• The advancement of environmental protection or improvement on the Isle of Bute.
In furtherance of the above objectives the Society will:-
• Fundraise on the Isle of Bute and beyond• Promote educational activities to honour Baird’s achievements
• Maintain a Baird of Bute website and Baird Museum
. Create, publish and distribute information relating to Andrew Baird
• Offer awards or scholarships to promote creativity and entrepreneurial activities
Membership is open to persons of 18 years of age and over.
There are three classes of membership, as follows:
(a) Ordinary Members, who pay an annual subscription (initially £10)
(b) Supporting Members, who donate £50 or more in any year, and
(c) Life Members, who donate £100 or more.
All members will be entitled to vote, on an equal basis, at General Meetings.
BOARD of DIRECTORS and OFFICERS
Christopher Markwell, Trustee and Chairman
Janet O'Sullivan, Trustee and Secretary Treasurer
Wendy Brownlie, Trustee
Andrew McLean, Trustee
Charles Soane CA, Independent Examiner of Accounts*
For more information please contact Christopher Markwell at email@example.com